Here lies an alphabetical reference for the Tales of the Vanished series listing known characters, places and events and others as the comic expands for those who feel like they need a bit of introduction to this world. It works much like a shortened wiki page for this expansive storyline spanning decades and in the hopes of enriching your enjoyment of the comic.
- Arras, AgentA U.S. federal agent investigating a string of disappearances of young women. Appears in Laurie 1974.
- BenedictusAn omnipresent member of the Circle, its spiritual leader and representative from the Vatican. Also the head of the Church of Gynophagia. Appears in Eileen 1976.
- Canan, DetectiveA police detective secretly working for the Circle. Part of his confessional can be seen in Judy 1978.
- GrigorA servant of Aleksei Kokhorov. Appears in Tatiana 2013 & Arina 2013.
- Hunter, WynnThe American representative of the Circle. Entrepreneur billionaire, restaurateur and avid hunter, also known by his nickname 'Big Game'. Owner of the Hunter's Roadhouse restaurant franchise. Appears in Judy 1977 & Marcia 1979.
- K., Mr.Japanese national of mysterious origin. Known to be one of the 'fixers' for the Circle. Appears in Judy 1977.
- Kokhorov, AlekseiThe Russian representative of the Circle. His Expansionist ideas to Gynophagia run counter to the Van Dynes' more conservationist approach. Appears in Tatiana 2013 & Arina 2013. Mentioned in Deanna 2011.
- Matron, theA mysterious Chinese elderly woman and member of the Circle. Appears in Laurie 1974.
- MauraA consort for Lucian van Dyne. Mentioned in Deanna 2011 & Kara 2012.
- Radenko, ViktorThe Ukrainian representative of the Circle. Mentioned in Arina 2013.
- Roux, GastonRecruited by the Circle as their head chef for his seedy past and a constant drive for culinary excellence especially with rarer types of meats. Appears in Crystal 2001 & Deanna 2011.
- Trommer, Dr. RichardAn ex-Nazi doctor and member of the Circle before and after World War II. Appears in Renee 1995/1966.
- SataniaOne of the most decorated of the Lua Mater for the Circle. Mentioned in Crystal 2001.
- ShawnaLover to Lucian Van Dyne. Appears in Crystal 2001.
- Van Dyne, CalibanTook upon the title of Patriarch after World War II. Son of Victor Van Dyne. Appears in Paula 1949.
- Van Dyne, CastorCaliban's second son. Appears in Eileen 1976.
- Van Dyne, CristophEldest son of Caliban van Dyne. Somewhat reclusive and has a penchant for legs. Appears in Trudie 1978.
- Van Dyne, LucianSecret heir of the Van Dyne family after Cristoph's disappearance. Stayed hidden and went on a cannibalistic lover's escapade with his lover, Shawna. Appears in Crystal 2001, Deanna 2011, Kara 2012 & Arina 2013.
- Van Dyne, VictorA member of the Van Dyne family. Appears in Ruth 1937.
- Zepeda, Carlos Anibal Mexican representative of the Circle. Drug Lord & gangster who has a penchant for eating the loved ones of his enemies. Appears in Carne Asada/Brooked 1999.
- Casino ParadisoOne of the Las Vegas casinos secretly owned by the Circle. Featured in Deanna 2011.
- Grosse PointA large secluded estate in Vermont belonging to the Van Dyne family and site to many of its most heinous activities. Featured in Ruth 1937, Paula 1949, Renee 1995/1966, Sheryl 1973.
- Hunter's RoadhouseThe restaurant chain owned by American Circle representative Wynn Hunter.
- RarotongaOne of the Cook Island in the Pacific known to be a frequent place of pilgrimage for the Van Dynes, especially Cristoph. Mentioned in Trudie, 1978.
- Circle, theThe all-encompassing name for the secret organization responsible for the many missing young women and girls around the world. It is a representation of the circle of life, that death begets renewal through sustenance and sacrifice. Depending on the era, the Circle is known by many different names.
- Epicurean SocietyThe incarnation of the Circle after World War II through the 80's.
- Hellfire ClubThe incarnation of the Circle that formed in the 18th century until the dawn of World War II.
- Kronos ConsortiumA corporation that seems to have ties to the Circle. Mentioned in Renee 1995/1966.
- Lua MaterThe title bestowed upon the winner of a battle for survival among victims of the Circle where the victor would be able to avoid being on the menu. The Lua Mater, as long as she holds the title is treated as a member of the Circle. Mentioned in Crystal 2001.
- PatriarchThe title bestowed upon the leader of the Circle. Usually refers to the head of the Van Dyne family.